Everyone seems to love quinoa, but no one can pronounce it - right?
Quinoa Breakfast Cereal
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 cup quinoa (I rinse it well in a mesh strainer)
- 2 cups water or milk of any kind
- 1 apple, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almonds or walnuts, ground
- 1 tablespoon ghee (I used unsalted butter)
- Sweetener options: Maple syrup, honey, agave, or stevia
1. Combine quinoa and water or milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add apple, coconut, cinnamon, nuts, and ghee. Lower heat, cover pot and simmer about 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
2. Serve with the sweetener of your choice. Note from Debra: Try adding raisins, dates, rosewater, cardamom, or whatever variation floats your boat.
ALICIA'S NOTE: Make a big batch, keep it in the fridge, and reheat each morning with a little milk for a healty breakfast on the fly!