I dished this up last week with a kale, leek and roasted beet sauté. (Roast beets for 30-40 mins in oven first - wrapped in foil, then the skin comes off easily in your hands. Next simply saute kale, leeks and beets for 4-5 minutes in a little olive oil and salt and pepper). It was a healthy, delicious meal! Enjoy!
2 tsp olive oil
2 large red onions
6 cloves garlic, sliced paper thin
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used boned, and cut skin off myself as this is how its sold at the Farmer's market)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup sherry *optional (I didn't have this, so I used a little red wine that had been on the counter for a few weeks, and it worked perfectly)
1) Sauté onions & garlic in large pan, covered so they don't brown too much, on medium heat with 2 tsp olive oil.
2) While that cooks, season chicken, both sides, with salt, pepper, oregano and marjoram.
3) When onions are soft & light red, place chicken in pan (cover with the onions) and sprinkle with the 1/4 cup of vinegar and sherry.
4) Turn heat down and cover the pan. Cook for 25 mins, turning once, until done.
5) Remove lid and turn up heat a bit. Add remaining 2 tbsp of vinegar and cook until liquid is almost absorbed - about 5 mins.