The sun seems to have finally arrived in Vancouver, and I am hoping it is here to stay! Looking towards a weekend filled with the farmer's market, picnics at the beach and park, the world cup (of course), and preparing for the inlaws to visit...this potato salad will be making a reappearance!
Here's a healthy version of a summertime favourite! It goes well with just about everything - fish, vegetables, chicken, burgers, whatever! Leftovers can be added to a lunchtime salad or dragged out later in the week, and still taste great!
Side dish for 4 -6 people
- 2- 3 lbs Red skinned potatoes, or smaller new potatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch Celery chopped/ diced
- 1 bunch garlic scapes, if you have them from the market
- 2-3 bunches Green/ Spring Onions/ Scallions (these seem to be called a hundred things, but its all the same long stemmed little onion) chopped
- 2-3 tbs grainy mustard (more, if you really like mustard!)
- 3 cap fulls of apple cider vinegar
- Chop up potatoes and boil for 15 - 20 minutes. You want them edible, but not mushy. Its a fine balance.
- While they are boiling, chop celery and onions. You can add other veggies like chopped up green beans, if you like.
- Cool potatoes to room temperature.
- Mix all ingredients well and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.